Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Homework

Homework is a form of work that the student does at home in order
to reiterate the learning process that occurred in class. As a teacher
I feel that it is a good thing to impose homework on the children.
Because I feel that it allows the students to keep learning about
what they have learned instead of just shutting of their brains
after the school day is over. Homework allows students to learn
while at home, and also pose a form of assessment for the teacher.
The assessement allows the teacher to understand where the
students educational level is at. And also allows the student to be
able to assess their own learning capability and be able to have
the knowledge to know if they need more help or instruction in
a certain subject.

As a child I remember grade school, and my teacher never gave
homework and I felt that it was a wrong thing to do. Never giving me
homework forced me to stop thinking about what I did learn. Not
having homework forced me to forget what I did learn. I do not
want to have this feeling imposed on my students, I want to give
them homework not to make them disgusted about school
but to allow them to learn more.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I bet many students want to go to your school! ;)

    As I have said before, homework can be effective if it is meeting the learning targets you set out to achieve.

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I can't believe no homework. I was always getting homework in some grades I felt they gave to much and others just enough but never none. Homework is a great way to keep students thinking. Homework is another form of formative assessment but, as teachers we must remember not all the work done might be our students.

    ReplyDelete