Thursday, January 29, 2009

Learning Targets

Learning targets to me are defined as objectives specified by the
teacher in order to inform the students of what they will be learning
throughout the course of the year. I feel as if students should know
ahead of time what they will be able to accomplish once the year
is over. It promotes somewhat of an independence in learning that
makes them succeed more, because they know what is going to happen.
As a teacher I think it is my responsibility to tell students what will
be happening in the grade level that they are in to dismember and
scared possibilities that they would have of learning new material.

4 comments:

  1. Agreed, Amanda!

    Students need to know where they are going and what is expected of them.

    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda-

    I completely agree!!!! You are right on with your view of "Learning Targets." You also made it simple and precise.

    I also think as a teacher it is our responsibility to inform the students about the learning objectives in the classroom; to help them succeed and strive for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, I completely agree with your blog about learning targets it is extrememly important for student's to understand the learning target ahead of time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda,
    I completly agree with you. I also think it give the students a sense of independence. they can go ahead if they would like and still know exactly what is expected.

    ReplyDelete