Sunday, December 6, 2009

Looking Back,

Potato in the Great Depression was a great and informing book.
Although its not as interesting as I thought it was, it still got the
point across that the Potato Famine did happen. As for team
teaching I think it was the worst decision I have made regarding
my education classes. I work much better by myself, and I do not
know why I wanted to work with a partner. I feel as though it was
because I want to become an Inclusion Teacher and that involves
working with another teacher. But my partner and I had two very
different learning styles that did not mesh well together at all!

When it came time for lesson plan creation, I basically put all the
effort into the lesson plan while my partner just submitted the
"assessment section". Which was fine but I would have rather have
50% cooperation and input from both sides, but that was not the case.
I probably would have enjoyed it more if I would have had someone
helping me with a team lesson plan in this supposed, "team teaching"
situation. But all in all I would have had a happier outcome if I worked
by myself because I know my strengths and my own weakinesses.

Looking back on my lesson I do regret the whole "regaining myself"
moment, but that's what I had to do in order to keep control of myself.
If I could go back that would be the only thing I would change, that along
with not using the podcast and just reading the book. The podcast did not
work as well as i thought it would and students could not hear it. Reading
the story and using a "picture walk" like Christine did was so much better!
And I would have structured the lesson a little more throughly so that
students would be able to stay on task more without getting distracted
and confused so easily.

All in all i loved the concept of the lesson, but I would change many
things about it because it did not work out the way i was planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment